The Writer-Reader Relationship: A Rare Friendship


When I began learning the skills of a professional writer, the manual advised making a kind of contract with myself that basically said, "From today onward, I am a writer." The date and signature formalized the document, and it was a way of telling my subconscious, "Now it's for real."

For me, that was in July 2015, 11 years ago now. And it seems like it was yesterday. But upon reflection, a lot has happened to me as a writer. I've grown in skill, I've created a creative method that works for me, and I've slowly been publishing my work.

I've already mentioned that when someone reads you, a conversation begins, a writer-reader relationship, which can be like a kind of rare friendship. You never see your friend, but there is communication, at least in one direction. Not all authors always hear from their readers, but we know they're there. Books are sold and read. And at least for this author, what matters is that my work is read, because it initiates that rare and beautiful writer-reader relationship.

I value that my readers take the time to consider what I have to say about this or that in a creative way. Time is perhaps our most precious resource, and I humbly appreciate and value the fact that they give me a little of it. In my heart, I don't truly know them, but I appreciate their attention and consider it my duty to create the best I can to continue that conversation.

My works are available on Amazon.com. Access them by going to the Books tab on this blog. They are all part of Kindle Select, so if you are subscribed to this Amazon service, you can read them at no additional cost. Otherwise, the cost is minimal compared to similar works by other authors. Let's talk!

Comentarios

Entradas populares